Friday, December 28, 2007

Tail end of Xmas; a new year; impatient to do work

So the big consumerism day has come and gone, and now we're all gonna get really pissed , set of fireworks and pretend for about 5 minutes that we're much better people than we really are -- really!

To be honest, I want to get that behind me as well. I suppose I've grown past the whole new-years thing, and I'd much rather sink my teeth into some graphics instead.

I've been working on a test shot, which I shall reveal soon, designed to teach myself how to work with lighting and some other elements when compositing a 3D shot. I've spent a few hours here and there over the last 2 weeks putting this shot together, and it's almost time to render everything out and sink my teeth into the exercise proper. But I didn't go into work today (what with there being no actual work to do) and therefore did no extra on this shot. And since I'm not there, I can't even post up a work-in-progress pic. Oh well. I may do some tomorrow, and render it out whilst I get drunk over the new year. Then come back on January 3rd and try with an almighty headache (so I'm presuming) to work the composite.

Well I have the highest hopes of it all working out, because then I will have passed a milestone in terms of creating a visual effects shot. After that, I will only need to perfect my camera tracking and on-set data knowledge, and I might be worth some money to the industry!

By the way, if someone is willing to give of their time to help me learn about on-set data collection, and how to use it, please email me!

End of 2007 -- peace out! Let's not screw up '08, eh?

No comments: